LaVar Ball says he has removed LiAngelo from UCLA. (Getty Images) It appears LiAngelo Ball will not return to the UCLA men’s basketball team. LaVar Ball, LiAngelo’s father, told ESPN’s Jeff Goodman that he has pulled his son out of the school. In November, UCLA teammates Ball, Cody Riley and Jalen Hill were benched and subsequently suspended indefinitely after being released on bail following an alleged shoplifting incident in China. The charges were eventually dropped, but not before the international incident made headlines when President Trump tweeted that he helped free the players, which the elder Ball disputed. The three haven’t been allowed to play, practice or travel with the Bruins since. However, Ball has maintained that his son’s lapse in judgment “ain’t that big a deal.” [LaVar Ball asserts again that his son Lonzo is ‘better than Steph Curry’] “We are exploring other options with [LiAngelo],” LaVar Ball told ESPN. “He’s out of there.” It appears the main one of those options is to prepare the player for June’s NBA draft. LaVar Ball: "He's not transferring to another school," he told ESPN. "The plan is now to get Gelo ready for the NBA Draft." The plan was always for LiAngelo to spend one season at UCLA and then leave, regardless of whether he was projected to be drafted. — Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) December 4, 2017 If the NBA draft is the family’s focus, Ball might have an uphill battle. The Post’s Tim Bontemps reported last month that, unlike his brother, Lakers guard Lonzo Ball, LiAngelo isn’t viewed by scouts as a legitimate NBA prospect.